[Nix-dev] Getting Nix to work on MacOS

Joachim Schiele js at lastlog.de
Fri Mar 23 12:40:37 CET 2012

nothing went wrong. do you have the nix store in /nix/store? you have to
pass the nix store location when you build nix-0.16 using a command line
toggle (to ./configure) before you type 'make'.

see my blog posting about this:
http://invalidmagic.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/running-the-nix-package-manager-in-a-prefix-as-the-home-directory/

when the nix store is != /nix/store then nix uses 'source deployment' as
a fallback.