[Nix-dev] where did ocaml 3.11 go?

Arie Middelkoop amiddelk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 22:51:23 CET 2012

On 17-03-12 16:24, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> On 17/03/12 15:17, Arie Middelkoop wrote:
>
>> It seems that OCaml 3.11 has disappeared from nixpkgs after the big
>> stdenv update a week ago? I'm actually using that version of OCaml for
>> testing purposes.
>
> If I remember correctly, I removed it because it didn't build and there were no
> packages in Nixpkgs depending on it.  Feel free to restore and fix it.

OK, thx, this is not worth the trouble. There is apparently a bug in
OCaml 3.11 in combination with the newer version of binutils (which is
probably also the reason why it didn't build anymore). This bug was
fixed in OCaml 3.12, but no new 3.11 release was made.

I read somewhere that the bugfix can also be applied to version 3, and
there may be some distributions around that have done so. Anyway,
perhaps I'll quickly try to get it running, but actually I should simply
not test against OCaml 3.11 anymore.

Arie