[Nix-dev] lipo (was: Debugging nixpkgs)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Mar 27 21:54:32 CEST 2012

Hi Konrad,

> BTW, the bug I try to fix is in
> build-support/native-darwin-cctools-wrapper/builder.sh. The list of tools
> that are linked to the profile should be extended by "lipo", which is
> required to build gfortran under MacOSX.

in the past, we have dealt with these kind of problems by passing lipo
explicitly to those expressions that need it. The 'mesa' expression, for
example, takes the following argument:

  lipo = if stdenv.isDarwin then darwinLipoUtility else null;

Personally, I think it would be okay to make lipo a part of 'stdenv' on Darwin,
but I don't feel strongly about this issue since most packages seem to compile
fine without it.

Take care,
Peter