[Nix-dev] Installation of evince fails

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 22:08:47 CEST 2012

Yury G.  Kudryashov wrote:

> Ilja Honkonen wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Installation of evince fails currently for me with:
>>
>> Is evince / python-libxml2 supposed to be installable currently or
>> should I wait for https://github.com/chaoflow/nixpkgs to be merged to
>> trunk or...?
> The problem is in gnome-doc-utils. It uses wrapPythonPrograms but lacks
> pythonPath. I'll fix it tonight.
I hope that I fixed it.

What I did to find the source of the bug:
- In build log, xml2po fails to load libxml2Python.
- xml2po comes from gnome.gnome_doc_utils. Build this package
- Open $gnome_doc_utils/bin/xml2po in editor. Look at PYTHONPATH.
- No /nix/store/*libxml2* here. (!!)
- Look at gnome_doc_utils_derivation, go to pythonPackages.wrapPython, read
sources.
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru