[Nix-dev] What kills my xserver?

Arie Middelkoop amiddelk at gmail.com
Thu May 10 00:05:19 CEST 2012

On 09/05/12 18:41, Cillian de Róiste wrote:
> For what it's worth, I have the same symptoms although I have not
> investigated it at all. I am using the ati videoDriver (the Free one).
> I'd be happy to collect some information if it helps to debug. I had
> always assumed that a fresh ~/.kde would solve it but never bothered
> to try.

One of the many steps that I tried is a fresh ~/.kde, and I can confirm
that this does not help in resolving the issue.

Actually, I recall that the Nixos manual mentions that it's possible to
test your system in a virtual machine. I wonder if this could help in
ruling out hardware issues. Virtualized hardware is hopefully more
deterministic among different systems than real hardware...

Arie