[Nix-dev] What kills my xserver?

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Fri May 11 08:13:55 CEST 2012

But I must say that my issue with logging out/reboot doesn't seem as
big as yours.
For me, I can still logout 90% of the time, loging out takes long (10
seconds or so) and it seems to crash the xserver at the end (display
flashing, second of text console visible), but then I'm back at the
kdm login screen where I can shutdown/reboot gracefully.

On the other hand, I only reboot once a week or less, I
suspend/hibernate most of the time and only reboot after big upgrades.
That's why I didn't really bother to investigate yet.