[Nix-dev] lighttpd service

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:44:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Alexander Foremny
<alexanderforemny at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to write a service module for lighttpd. I came up with a
> minimal example [1] which is giving me the following error upon
> rebuilding my system.

Nice.  I would be happy to see that.

> How can I make my option services.lighttpd known to NixOS?

Every NixOS file, even your configuration.nix is a module, this means
that you don't have to build against a custom version of NixOS unless
you want to modify some of its files.  If you just want to *add* a new
module, I will recommend you to use the "require" or "imports"
attribute in your configuration.nix.

So your /etc/nixos/configuration.nix should look like:

{
  require = [
    lighttpd/default.nix
  ];

…

}

The syntax of module is documented in the wiki[1] for more detail.

[1] http://nixos.org/wiki/NixOS:Modules

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/