[Nix-dev] Build Android apps with the Nix package manager

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 22:50:34 CET 2012

Hi Sander,

First, I saw patches for your thesis, if you want any review/comments
feel free to ask ;-)

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Sander van der Burg - EWI
<S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl> wrote:
> I have been quiet for some time. At my new employer I have spent some time
> in developing an infrastructure as well as 2 functions capable of building
> and emulating Android Apps (http:/www.android.com).
>
> I have a detailed blog post about this here:
>
> http://sandervanderburg.blogspot.com/2012/11/building-android-applications-with-nix.html
>
> Feedback, suggestions, compliments etc. are welcome!

This is an awesome work, especially knowing that it can be integrated
in Hydra and thus can be used in a continuous integration testing.
You should definitely suggest a talk about that to the FOSDEM.

For your company, I will recommend you to have a look at Firefox OS
and its market place.  The good thing about the Mozilla place is that
it use install Web API which is open and any browser can implement it,
and as such it potentially targets any Web enabled device, which
currently means Firefox OS, Android and Desktops.  Such integration
testing with different targets might be even more challenging and
appealing.

Congratulation for your new Job.

--
Nicolas Pierron