[Nix-dev] end-of-life kernels

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Sun Nov 18 18:17:54 CET 2012

>Hi Mathijs,
>
> > Is anyone still using linux 2.6.15 or 2.6.35 or 3.1 or 3.3 or 3.5 ?
>
>I'm still using 3.5. I cannot upgrade to 3.6 yet, because my wireless
>interface (iwlwifi: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 AGN) won't work with
>the new kernel for some reason.

iwconfig stopped working as Wireless Extensions got deprecated and
default off; iw works just fine, as does wpa_supplicant with
-Dnl80211

I agree that this is a reason to make transition period longer, I just
want to check if the problem is a known one..

Or anyone could commit a patch enabling deprecated legacy wireless
extensions compatibility. No guarantees about what happens in 3.7...