[Nix-dev] end-of-life kernels

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Mon Nov 19 08:18:52 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell
<viric at viric.name> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:39:55PM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
>> Mathijs Kwik writes:
>>
>>  > Ok, so this means that setting networking.wireless.driver to
>>  > "nl80211" would do the trick.
>>
>> Indeed, that solved the issue for me. Thanks for your help, guys!
>>
>> As far as I am concerned, I'm fine with 3.5.x being removed.
>
> I'm using btrfs on arm. This means, btrfs is better in 3.5 than in 3.4. And I'm
> hitting a kernel bug in 3.6 kernels that stops me from running 3.6 kernels.
>
> Please don't remove 3.5 that until I've another option.

Sure, no hurries.
Let's say we wait a month or so, 3.7 will be out too. I will then ask
again about 3.5

So do we all agree on the other ones being obsolete?

PS:
I feel a bit awkward for bringing this up and scheduling a "deadline".
Who gave me the right to act like this and drive decision-making? I'm
not even a kernel maintainer!
I just stumbled upon this "issue" while upgrading a bunch of stable
kernels, so I thought I'd ask the list.
Perhaps this should have been better suited as an issue on github.