[Nix-dev] openjdk cannot run GUI applications in NixOS

Sander van der Burg - EWI S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl
Tue Oct 9 14:39:37 CEST 2012

I know that almost nobody uses Java GUI applications nowadays, but I have noticed that I cannot run AWT/Swing applications with OpenJDK (although the Oracle JDK works fine). For example, I cannot run netbeans with OpenJDK.

I have circumvented the issue by utilising Oracle's JDK in the netbeans expression, but it would (of course) be much nicer to use OpenJDK.

I haven't packaged OpenJDK, but perhaps someone knows a solution for it.

Regards,

Sander