[Nix-dev] enableParallelbuilding for many packages

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:13:26 CEST 2012

Hi.

On 10/24/2012 11:28 PM, Marc Weber wrote:
> People who think accuracy is most important will disable this feature
> anyway - but some like me sometimes just have to do rebuilds .. and
> they may just work more often than not.

For the regular build farm work the total speedup will probably be
negligible, as most of it can be easily kept busy anyway (IMHO, at the
moment). Currently I don't see much benefit there (perhaps if we wanted
really fast security updates in far future...).

Otherwise, for testing builds it seems desirable to parallelize as much
as possible.

Vlada