[Nix-dev] NixOS on systemd

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Sun Sep 2 15:40:22 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 02:51:14PM -0400, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> For the last few months I've been working on and off on replacing Upstart with
> systemd as NixOS's init system.  This is now in a fairly usable state.  (I'm
> running it on my own laptop, but it hasn't been widely tested and there are
> undoubtedly many issues remaining.)

> * KDE 4.7 can no longer suspend/hibernate.  Maybe a newer KDE fixes this.  You
> can however run "systemctl suspend" or "systemctl hibernate" (as a logged-in user).

Ok, suspend works for me, and most things I use. I had to change dnsmasq from
daemonType 'daemon' to 'none' (changing how we call it). 'daemon' is not
supported by now; can this be fixed easily?

I think that nfs services didn't work either. Maybe related to the lack of
proper port of startOn, etc.

Other than that, I think all worked fine for me. Very good work!

Thank you,
Lluís.