[Nix-dev] Automake Question

Noah Lavine noah.b.lavine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 03:29:30 CEST 2012

Hello,

I recently installed automake with Nix, and I have a problem with a
missing macro.

The issue is that when trying to build GNU Guile, automake needs the
AM_GNU_GETTEXT macro. But even after installing automake and gettext
through Nix, I still don't have that macro available.

I tried running 'automake --verbose' and it seems that automake only
looks in its unique Nix directory for macros; not in some symlink
directory that the gettext package could have added to (the way the
bin directory works).

Is there anything I can do to help fix this? I'm running under Mac OS X 10.6.

Thanks,
Noah Lavine