[Nix-dev] nix-channel --update

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Mon Sep 17 23:31:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 17/09/12 17:06, Mathijs Kwik wrote:

> I'm using nix-1.2pre2910_b674665, as Eelco mentioned using nixUnstable
> is needed on the systemd branch.
>
> When I use nix-channel --update, it seems only the nixexprs are
> retrieved, not the MANIFEST.
> I (thought I) had some trouble with manifests lately, so I removed
> everything in /nix/var/nix/manifests and hoped it would get
> regenerated by updating the channel, but it seems only an empty sqlite
> database (10k) gets created, lock and journal are 0 bytes.

Ah yes, those are the wonderful features you get living on the bleeding edge :-)
 The latest nixUnstable has the new "binary cache substituter" which basically
makes the old manifest-based substituter obsolete.  I wanted to send an
announcement but didn't get around to it yet, will do so later.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/