[Nix-dev] firewall.nix builds a broken firewall when IPv6 is disabled

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Tue Sep 18 23:27:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 18/09/12 17:04, Pablo Costa wrote:

> I have been disabling IPv6 on my machines from the very beginning of
> it being supported by GNU/Linux distros. I wrote some information
> about how to achieve this on NixOS on [1] and [2].
>
> I have been playing with the firewall and I realized it was not
> working at all, there were no rules on any chain and the default
> policies were set to ACCEPT on all three main chains.

Thanks for the report! I've just committed a slightly different fix.

> So I have made a patch for [3] that I am attaching below, but I have
> no idea yet of how to test it.

The best way is to get a NixOS checkout and tell nixos-rebuild to use it:

$ git checkout git at github.com:NixOS/nixos.git
$ nixos-rebuild test -I nixos=/path/to/my/nixos

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/