[Nix-dev] disk setup for nixos installation

aszlig aszlig at redmoonstudios.org
Mon Aug 19 08:39:53 CEST 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 07:16:15PM +0200, Aristid Breitkreuz wrote:
> I believe Aszlig had actually done some work on automated partitioning for
> Nixops, but I'm not sure how far from ready for primetime it is.

Well, it works already but still uses Redhat/Fedoras Kickstart syntax
as the input for the device tree. my plans for 1.0 would be to have a
more native configuration using the XML-output from Nix directly for the
device tree.

(and especially because using Kickstart syntax involves some pretty
nasty monkey-patching)

So you could use it, but it's not yet ready for being part of the
<nixos> installation procedure.

Here is the repository: https://github.com/aszlig/nixpart
And it is in <nixpkgs> as well.

a!