[Nix-dev] Merging stdenv-updates soon?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 17:15:52 CEST 2013

On 08/24/2013 02:40 PM, Peter Simons wrote:
> are there any issues left that would prevent us from merging the
> stdenv-updates branch? As far as I can tell, the branch is in pretty
> good shape.

We need to enable building everything on Hydra first. I suspect there
may be some packages that need minor patches to compile with newer gcc.

And it might be good to consider making the deterministicStdenv stuff
the default, even in this iteration (but I haven't investigated it yet).

BTW, x-updates are ready as well, so we could do it (almost) at once.
Well, a few things don't build, mostly because upstream don't support
LLVM 3.3 yet. I'm not sure whether we want to wait with LLVM update,
have more versions in nixpkgs, or have those few temporarily broken
(julia, pure, dragonegg).

Vlada