[Nix-dev] perl on Darwin

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Aug 29 13:41:53 CEST 2013

Hi Vladimír,

 > On 08/29/2013 12:11 PM, Peter Simons wrote:
 >> Could someone who actually has access to Darwin please figure this out
 >> and commit a fix? I don't want to commit any more blind guesses that
 >> cause a rebuild of stdenv every time. :-(
 >
 > The build already *worked* before your commit. I just disabled the tests
 > for darwin (as I wrote before in this thread).

James Cook described in this thread how to fix the issue that causes the
test suite failure. It would be great if someone with access to Darwin
could apply that fix to the expression so that we can run the regression
tests on Darwin, too. A situation in which Perl is untested simply
because we cannot figure out the proper command line syntax for 'sed'
seems somewhat unsatisfactory.

Take care,
Peter