[Nix-dev] nix-env terminal

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Tue Jan 8 09:02:19 CET 2013

Hello. I couldn't find a "Nix Beginners" list so I hope I'm in the right
place. I recently installed the Nix pkg manager version 1.3 on my Gentoo
Linux box. Right now I'm installing my first program. However, I notice
that there is some garbled output at the beginning of the download
description lines, as though nix-env is trying to use color formatting
codes but they are being misread. I am using gnome-terminal, which does
not have a problem with color formatting from Gentoo applications. Is
there some nix-env setting somewhere I need to adjust?

--
frigidcode.com