[Nix-dev] nix-env terminal

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Wed Jan 9 04:26:31 CET 2013

Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viric at viric.name> writes:
> nixpkgs uses a modified 'gnu make', that outputs some garbled code annoying also
> in xterm (it duplicates the last character of some command lines).
>
> The purpose of that is for the hydra build farm to get a nice 'tree' from a
> build log, like here:
> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/2494797/log
> (..)

From hydra:

+ unpacking sources
patching sources
+ configuring
+ building
+ installing
+ post-installation fixup

Couldn't we scan for specific lines, make them even more specific by
prepending "phase: " or "PHASE: " and fold everything in between?

Why do we need a patch to 'gnu make' to achieve folding?

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC