[Nix-dev] bsd-games-2.17: monop

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Wed Jan 9 09:02:17 CET 2013

On 01/08/2013 10:53 PM, Christopher Howard wrote:

> In this particular case, I think it would be wiser to put variable data
> into $out/var/games (presuming there is no technical reason this can be
> done). The bsd-games configuration commentary states:

Then again... I only started using Nix 2 days ago, and I am not clear on
the ramifications of picking $out/var/games. Presumably that would be
that each change in the profile would clear the scores, which is not
good, or adjusting the scores would "damage" the state of the profile,
which does not sound good.

Perhaps just sticking with /var/games would be best.

--
frigidcode.com