[Nix-dev] ffmpeg 1.1

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Sun Jan 13 23:03:51 CET 2013

A quick look at all-packages.nix shows that the following packages
currently use ffmpeg 1.0:
- vlc
- cfdg

If these 2 compile fine with 1.1, then 1.1 can replace 1.0, otherwise
just have 1.0 and 1.1

I would call it 1.1 for now, as ffmpeg upgrades usually seem to break
quite some packages and changes the versioning scheme quite a bit.
Noone can guarantee that 1.2 will be a drop-in replacement for 1.1, so
it's quite possible we will need both of the for a short time, until
packages get fixed. By calling it 1.x this becomes awkward, because
you would end up with 1.x _and_ 1.1 or 1.2.

Regards,
Mathijs