[Nix-dev] Nix failed to build on FreeBSD 9.1

James Cook james.cook at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 14 21:20:49 CET 2013

On 14 January 2013 11:49, Henry Lenzi <hank.lenzi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I pulled sources today with git, everything was fine and dandy (I
> followed the instructions), but somehow it just won't build, there's
> some complaining about flex.
>
> Included is the error log.
>
> Can you help? It must be a trivial thing, but I don't really grok Flex.
>

> TIA,
> Hank

Maybe nix expects a newer version of flex.  (e.g. [0] mentions a
similar problem.)  Is there a newer version in the ports tree?

Another wild guess: maybe your version of flex doesn't understand long
options like --outfile.  You can replace --outfile with -o, but
unfortunately I don't see a short form for --header-file.  Maybe just
add a command to rename the generated header file instead of passing
--header-file ?

If you can get it working with FreeBSD's flex, a patch would probably
be appreciated (I'm not in charge here, but I am guessing we want to
maintain FreeBSD compatability?)

James

[0] http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201201/msg00247.html