[Nix-dev] nix on mac

Christopher Howard cmhoward2 at alaska.edu
Mon Jan 14 22:55:22 CET 2013

Hi. Can the Nix pm be installed to a local user account on a Mac OS X
system? (I've done this under Linux.) I downloaded Nix and started to
compile and install the dependencies it needs. However, it appears that I'm
going to have to compile and install a lot of stuff, so I'm hoping to find
out if it is realistic before continuing.

I'm curious if I can use Nix on a Mac OS X machine (I have to use) at work
to get some compilers and other *nix stuff that the admin won't install.