[Nix-dev] Nix failed to build on FreeBSD 9.1

Henry Lenzi hank.lenzi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:33:38 CET 2013

> I remember problems with sed back when I was using nix with FreeBSD.
> Can you tell it to use GNU sed?  To make it work with BSD's sed, you
> could try putting a \ before the newline in the argument to sed.
>
> James

Yes, thanks, that was part of the problem. I also changed the assumed
shell to bash (there seems to be some issue between the shell and the
escapes, etc.etc. ;-)

Thanks, James. The thing with building software on FreeBSD is that we
sometimes forget the assumptions others make about userland software.

Cheers,
Hank