[Nix-dev] Nix failed to build on FreeBSD 9.1

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:28:17 CET 2013

On 01/17/2013 01:20 AM, Henry Lenzi wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM, James Cook <james.cook at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>> It looks like you're missing something related to docbook.  Did you
>> try installing the textproc/docbook port, or looking for other ports
>> related to docbook?
>>
> Yes, I did install the docbook port, but there's something missing
> regarding Relax NG.
>   As I know nothing about DocBook, there isn't anything I can do in the
> short term.
>

>> I guess as a hack you can probably make doc not be built.  Maybe
>> editing doc/Makefile or removing the doc subdirectory would do it.

> I was actually hoping whoever made the Makefiles would give me a tip
> on how to do that.
> The Makefile is huge and...complex, I'm afraid.

The Makefile is huge because it's generated by a configure script that
is generated by autoconf :-) I've never seen these makefiles but for
documentation there is the doc subdirectory. IMHO I would just delete
"doc" from the subdirs line in ./Makefile.am and run autoreconf,
configure and make. That should just omit documentation from all the
phases (maybe not its prerequisites, I don't know that).

Vlada