[Nix-dev] nix on mac

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Fri Jan 18 09:47:16 CET 2013

--On 14 janvier 2013 22:43:39 +0000 Sander van der Burg - EWI
<S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl> wrote:

> It's possible to use the Nix package manager on Mac OS X. I'm using it
> quite frequently these days at work (although I don't own any Apple
> devices myself :-) ). However, Mac support is less mature and the
> packages collection is not fully bootstrapped (meaning that it has some
> dependencies on the host system).

My experience is less positive because I never got anything installed
through Nix on my Mac, because of build errors in the fundamental parts.
But that was a few months ago. Which version of nixpkgs did you use to get
started on the Mac?

Konrad.