[Nix-dev] GNU Guix 0.1 released (alpha)

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Sun Jan 20 15:29:03 CET 2013

Hi,

Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net> skribis:

> What are your thoughts on generating nix expressions from guix
> expressions for the purpose of package definition?

Do you mean the opposite–generating Guix expressions from Nix?

If so, there’s the guix-import program, which works like this:

  guix-import /path/to/nixpkgs attribute

It spits out a basic Guix package definition.  By “basic”, I mean that
only trivial things are converted; Bash snippets added in
‘configurePhase’, ‘preCheck’, etc. are just ignored.

Thanks,
Ludo’.