[Nix-dev] Sound in Minecraft?

Aristid Breitkreuz aristidb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 20:25:51 CET 2013

I installed minecraft via the (updated to the newest launcher) minecraft
package. It works fine, save for one "minor" issue: No sound. Are there any
steps I need to take? Depending on the steps, perhaps it would make sense
to add that to the minecraft package then?

I have attached the output I get when starting minecraft on my x86-64 NixOS
machine. PulseAudio is enabled, but it also didn't work before I enabled
it. The most curious line would be the one with "AL lib: oss.c:179" to me.

Cheers,

Aristid