[Nix-dev] Let's merge 'stdenv-updates-gcc47' into 'stdenv-updates'

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Jan 21 11:49:41 CET 2013

Hi,

there are some who would like to have gcc 4.7.x as default compiler in
Nixpks (see issue #237 on Github). We have a working configuration in
'stdenv-updates-gcc47' that has proven quite stable. I'd like to suggest
that we merge those updates into the normal 'stdenv-updates' branch, so
that we can have them in 'master' at the next possible occasion.

Is anyone aware of reasons not to do this?

Take care,
Peter