[Nix-dev] [NixOS/nixpkgs] 8f0ea2: pythonPackages: default to python's maintainers an...

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Mon Jan 21 13:00:31 CET 2013

Hi,

On 20/01/13 16:35, Peter Simons wrote:

>  > pythonPackages: default to python's maintainers and platforms
>
> I am happy to care for the Python interpreter, but I don't want to be
> notified of build errors for every single Python package out there that
> doesn't explicitly set 'meta.maintainers' (which is the majority). It
> appears that this change has that effect, though.

I'll add that setting meta.platforms globally is probably not a good idea
because it will just add a lot of broken packages to the Hydra jobset.  You
shouldn't set meta.platforms for a package unless you expect the package to
build on those platforms or are willing to fix them if they don't.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/