[Nix-dev] "svn-revision" empty / nixos channel as branch?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:36:27 CET 2013

On 01/21/2013 05:12 AM, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> I'm using the file to maintain branches "channel-nixos" of nixos and
> nixpkgs, so I can develop new features based on a supposedly more stable
> base.

Oh, I'm using parts of those scripts as well. I was thinking of parsing
http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/nixpkgs/trunk instead (which would be more
bandwidth-efficient), but your solution was easier.

> Now as the channel only consists of nix expressions, no Manifest files
> anymore, wouldn't it be sane to maintain it as a repository?
>
> One repo with nixos and nixpkgs as submodules?
> Or probably better: nixpkgs as submodule of nixos?

It might be useful to be able to have one commit change both nixos and
nixpkgs. Dependencies between the repos aren't too frequent, but still I
think they should be "seen" somehow.

Vlada