[Nix-dev] how to disable tests

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Jan 26 05:19:37 CET 2013

Excerpts from Christopher Howard's message of Sat Jan 26 01:36:14 +0100 2013:
> Hi. I'm trying to build emacs-24.2, but I can't because guile-2.0.7
> won't build. One test failed. Personally, I don't care.
There is always the option to fix a test .. so eventually also talk
about the error.

You don't want to run nix without tests. If eg nix tests fails you're at
risk.

So how to disable tests for emacs only?

try adding
  doCheck = false;

to the emacs builder or commenting check phase.

  checkPhase = ":"; # : is a a short command returning 0 exit code.

Does nix suppoprt disabling tests for gentoo only?
Don't know. grep for doCheck to see how its done for other packages.
Probably system is just linux and not "gentoo".

Marc Weber