[Nix-dev] Sound in Minecraft?

Aristid Breitkreuz aristidb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:05:11 CET 2013

I believe I have found a solution, namely to use the alsa-oss layer (which
I've also packaged for nixpkgs in another pull request):

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/282

It injects an OSS compatible layer that uses ALSA via LD_PRELOAD. And this
way, I can watch Youtube and run Minecraft with sound at the same time!

Aristid