[Nix-dev] [***SPAM***] bashCompletion / multi-shell-support update

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Jan 28 20:14:33 CET 2013

Hi Peter, do you have an idea how bashCompletion compares with the sample
completion shipping with bash?

@list
I'd also like ask for feedback about this multi-shell patch.

The main difference is that some of the fancy setup is moved into users
.bashrc .zshrc so that they can opt-out in various ways such as:
- not sourcing /etc/{bash,zsh}/setup-all
- defining DID_* vars before sourcing it.

This way its even possible to opt-out from some bash completion scripts
only.

Eventually it does even make sense to move all code depending on
NIX_PROFILES into user's bashrc, so that they can tell the system which
profiles they want to use. I havn't had a use case yet so I don't care.

A feature attr is introduced providing initPrompt, aliases and the like.
This way administrators can override pieces only easily.

Its also duplicating some code (bash/zsh) implementation and
introducing small lib files providing helper functions.

I'll do some more testing while waiting for some feedback, too.

Sincerly
Marc Weber