[Nix-dev] Hydra build failure not reproducible

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:40:39 CEST 2013

On 23 July 2013 11:19, Eelco Dolstra <eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 19/07/13 20:15, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
>
>> Here is one more of those "mysterious" build errors in hydra that
>> cannot be reproduced locally (at least my machine built it just fine):
>>
>> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/5567300/nixlog/1/tail-reload
>
> Fixed, see
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/commit/4dd9507b835fd0b8ff556a1c547601a9ac1857ae.

Thanks!

But after reading your commit message, I can't help but wonder if the
real bug is a missing dependency specification in the netpbm package.
Is it generally accepted that a Make-based build can be broken like
that just by modifying the timestamp of a file?

Anyway, that's not important. There are lots of packages with broken
build systems (missing dependency specifications etc.).

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman