[Nix-dev] loading of .xsessionrc

raffalli at univ-savoie.fr raffalli at univ-savoie.fr
Wed Jun 5 00:16:16 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 11:37:20AM +0200, Moritz Ulrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following in my configuration.nix:
>
>       desktopManager.xterm.enable = false;
>       desktopManager.default = "none";
>
>       displayManager.slim = {
>         enable = true;
>         defaultUser = "moritz";
>       };
>
> With this configuration, slim executes ~/.xsession, NOT ~/.xsessionrc.

Thanks,

This is not exactly what I want: .xsession (or .xinitrc) are run and when they quit, the X session terminates.
I could do that and start Xmonad myself from the .xsession.

But this is a pity: we can choose our window manager from configuration.nix and login window, if I want to change
for a demo. I do not want to choose it from a .xxx file.

But still before running the window manager, some people want to run some commands. Usually, the .xsessionrc is run
before starting the chosen window manager.

Should nixos do the same or ithere a better way ?

Cheers,
Christophe