[Nix-dev] bind should now depend on kerberos ?

raffalli at univ-savoie.fr raffalli at univ-savoie.fr
Sun Jun 9 01:00:46 CEST 2013

Hello,

It seems that bind (dns server) now requires gssapi/gssapi.h which
is provided (at least) by kerberos and this dependency is missing. This is probably
related to the protocol to discover kerberos realm automatically via DNS.

With this extra dependency, bind compilation works.

I hesitated to do a pull-request ... and decided to do a mail here before.

By the way I discovered this because the compilation of kde requires
bind (via network-manager) ... It feel strange to me that a desktop manager needs
a full dns server including features like providing kerberos realm information, probably just
to implement a dns cache !

Cheers,
Christophe