[Nix-dev] bind should now depend on kerberos ?

raffalli at univ-savoie.fr raffalli at univ-savoie.fr
Mon Jun 10 10:35:12 CEST 2013

Hello

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 07:29:37PM +0200, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>
>  > checking for GSSAPI library... looking in /usr/lib
>
> I have attached a patch to this message that I believe will remedy this
> issue. Could you please try whether it works for you and let me know the
> outcome?

It does work. However, I think it is preferable to minimize the dependencies by default,
but still there should be options to allow most (if not all) options off bind.

We know that gssapi work (at least for compilation) if kerberos is added as a dependency, so that one is easy.

For the other options, if we do not know yet how to make them work (at least I do not),
we can leave a comment and other people, with better knowledge
of bind and with an exemple of option in the .nix file should be able to complete the work.

Cheers,
Christophe