[Nix-dev] bind should now depend on kerberos ?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Jun 11 10:58:25 CEST 2013

Hi Christophe,

 > I think it is preferable to minimize the dependencies by default.

yes, I agree. BIND is a fundamental part of the network infrastructure,
and I'd rather not have all kinds of esoteric features enabled that I
don't need. The more features we compile in, the more potential there is
for abuse.

 > There should be options to allow most (if not all) options off bind.

Yes, I agree. Users who do need those features should have the ability
to configure an override in their ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix file (or in
configuration.nix) to make sure that BIND comes with those features that
they want.

Take care
Peter