[Nix-dev] Error deleting a jobset or a project in hydra

Marco Maggesi marco.maggesi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 16:18:13 CEST 2013

Hi,

it seems that the mechanism for deleting a jobset or a project from hydra
is currently broken.
Can you confirm this bug? Is this something broken in my hydra server only?

Actually, I don't bother to really remove the project, but I would like to
regain the associated storage since my hydra server is running out of
space.  Can you suggest a safe workaround for this.

This is the error I get when I click on "Delete this project".
500 Internal Server Error
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): DBI Exception: DBD::Pg::st
execute failed: ERROR: update or delete on table "projects" violates
foreign key constraint "builds_project_fkey" on table "builds" DETAIL: Key
(name)=(wims) is still referenced from table "builds". [for Statement
"DELETE FROM Projects WHERE ( name = ? )" with ParamValues: 1='wims'] at
/nix/store/cg05ggc4mw416jkbw6kiqk08l3q21452-hydra-0.1pre1353-40debf1/libexec/hydra/lib/Hydra/Controller/Project.pm
line 49