[Nix-dev] Nix 1.5.3 released

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 08:34:06 CEST 2013

On 06/19/2013 06:26 AM, Corey O'Connor wrote:
> Should this be a transparent upgrade for a nixos system running 1.5.2?

I'm quite sure it was intended so.

> Since this change I've been unable to nixos-rebuild switch --upgrade or
> use nix-env. They both seem to get stuck querying the binary cache. Each
> time I try a "download-from-binary-cache.pl
> <http://download-from-binary-cache.pl> --query" process is spawned.
> Which appears to get stuck. This process is the 1.5.2 version of the script:
>
> /nix/store/sxhiwkydfwcvsm77splhzlda63p8l5cv-nix-1.5.2/libexec/nix/substituters/download-from-binary-cache.pl
> <http://download-from-binary-cache.pl> --query

I don't know why this happens, the new cache on Amazon has worked very
well for me so far (although I haven't used it so much yet). Note that
the bump to 1.5.3 is NOT in binary cache yet (in the statically served one).

However, I would recommend to wait for another channel bump for a
different reason as well: Qt security fix is pending, which means
changing hashes of all that depend on Qt.

Vlada