[Nix-dev] firefox 21 font rendering

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 14:05:56 CEST 2013

Hi.

On 06/20/2013 01:53 PM, Petar Bogdanovic wrote:
> while the search box is working again in the latest pre-built firefox
> 21, font rendering changed too.  It's not ugly but it's not as good as
> whatever was there before.  See cropped screenshots:
>
> 	http://smokva.net/ff/20.png
> 	http://smokva.net/ff/21.png
>
> I'm not sure if the binary I'm using reflects the latest commit (the one
> making system-cairo optional) so it's possible that my build is out of
> date again.

The system cairo option causes problems (Linux-wide) and I found no
distribution that would stabilize it enough to make it the default.

You can add yourself to the push on Mozilla https://bugzil.la/856419

Switching it on causes nothing worse than the redrawing artifacts, but
it's very often (at least for me) and so it doesn't seem beneficial to
make it default.

Vlada