[Nix-dev] NixOS on Linode (again...)

Moritz Ulrich moritz at tarn-vedra.de
Fri Jun 21 09:21:42 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a NixOS machine on Linode following the wiki[1].
Everything seems to work out fine until I start nixos-rebuild. It
starts to pull some packages from the binary cache and bulds some
other, but always fails with the following message:

  Died at /nix/store/5hahlcqvj6zblnyiphwvy83ykawbcbp5-paths-from-graph.pl
line 8.

Re-running nixos-rebuild mostly pulls some other dependencies and then
fails with the same message. Then, after running it multiple times, it
starts to fail with:

  root at hvc0:/mnt/etc/nixos# nixos-install
   Died at /nix/store/5hahlcqvj6zblnyiphwvy83ykawbcbp5-paths-from-graph.pl
line 8.
   umount: /mnt/mnt-nixos: not mounted
   umount: /mnt/mnt-nixpkgs: not mounted

If I manually mount these folders via mount -o bind, I get the error
message above.
I used the latest master of nixpkgs and nixos from git, just like on
the wiki page.

Can someone help me with this?

Cheers,
Moritz