[Nix-dev] wicd broken after stdenv-updates

Cillian de Róiste cillian.deroiste at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 02:14:12 CET 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Vladimír Čunát <vcunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/13/2013 08:50 PM, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
>>
>> I'm no python (or nixos) expert, but someone on IRC said they have
>>
>> PYTHONPATH=$HOME/.nix-profile/lib/python2.7/site-packages/:/run/current-system/sw/lib/python2.7/site-packages.
>> I tried it myself and it works.
>>
>> Why isn't PYTHONPATH set to this by default? Or is this the bug - that
>> PYTHONPATH no longer is set?
>

> This should certainly be set in the python script itself, otherwise it would
> be quite an impurity. However, updating stdenv itself IMHO shouldn't have
> changed such a thing, but there were many updates in that branch.

This error is related to a pull request I opened before the
stdenv-updates merge, but which I hadn't tested with wicd. I updated
pygobject to 2.28 to fix an error in MyPaint. I didn't notice that
this release of pygobject moved the gobject folder, hence the import
error.

I think I've fixed the PYTHONPATH which is set in the wicd expression
so that the wicd tools can now import gobject successfully, however,
it's still not working. I've added a ticket to keep track of it:

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/379

Cheers,
Cillian