[Nix-dev] nixops data deployment

Tim Barbour trb at categorical.net
Fri Nov 1 12:26:00 CET 2013

I understand that one advantage of nixops is being able to deploy a set of
services atomically, possibly including data that is needed by the services.

What is the recommended way to get nixops to deploy some data for a service at
the same time it deploys the service ?

I would like to be able to deploy some services (e.g. postfix) via nixops,
including required data (e.g. whitelist data). Obviously I could use something
else (like rsync) to deploy the data, but that would break the atomic
deployment, since the service could start before the data was available.

Tim