[Nix-dev] override ghc-paths to point to wrapped ghc?

Corey O'Connor coreyoconnor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 03:12:41 CET 2013

Hi All,
I'm currently working on getting Dyre to work nicely on NixOS. Currently:
Dyre using ghc-paths package and the GHC.Paths module to locate the GHC
binary to use. This package will reference the unwrapped GHC. Which will
not have all the appropriate packages in the package path.

There are several ways to fix this.

1. Add an option to dyre to override what GHC to use. This is what I'm
doing right now. I consider this useful outside of just NixOS.
2. Override ghc-paths
3. Stop all this wrapping and push all necessary logic upstream. Ouch!

Does anybody know a reason why ghc-paths should not or cannot be overided?
Seems like: So long as the override is first in the search path then
everything will work out as expected. Is this wrong?

Cheers,
Corey

Cheers,
Corey