[Nix-dev] Localizing firefox

Sergey Mironov grrwlf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 08:58:01 CET 2013

Hi. I've commited a new wrapper for firefox browser to my local
branch. It is probably not ready for master because of too
straightforward way of doing things which may break in some cases.
Still I think it may be handy for administrators.

https://github.com/grwlf/nixpkgs/commit/5bef35c5c3a7dda5b73978d6822bb54796d24b08

In short, the wrapper does two things: 1) Downloads language pack in
the background when it thinks language pack is not installed. 2) Adds
corresponding -UILocale <lang> option to the underlying default
firefox wrapper.  Use it like this:

  environment.systemPackages = with pkgs ; [
    (firefoxLocaleWrapper "ru")
  ];

Regards,
Sergey