[Nix-dev] Help Testing New Package

Alex Berg chexxor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 01:59:24 CET 2013

I am trying to make a new package in my fork of NixPkgs.

Steps taken:
- Copy similar package (sublime-text-2 to create sublime-text-3)
- Update a few values

Now, I want to test this package. I read on the wiki that I should be able
to use "nix-build -A libfoo", but this is not working for me.

Here's the command I'm using and the error:

        > nix-build -A sublime-text-3 --dry-run -I nixpkgs=/my-sources -vvv
        # error: getting status of `/home/chexxor/default.nix': No such
file or directory

How can I test the package I created in my fork of NixPkgs?

Here's a complete log of my project until now:

https://bitbucket.org/chexxor/researchnotes/src/7f763a48c303e79fea1a1b751b038d581ae4bda1/CodeArticles/InstallingDevelopmentToolsWithNix.md